Phase 3: Project Objectives & Scope of Work
Building on Phase 2 results, scenario 5 was taken and progressed further in the design process. Click on the following pages to see renderings and exploded views of this scenario for more details.
Project phase objectives:
- Create architectural renderings of Net Zero Retail building concept for promotional purposes.
- Develop architectural design to realize engineering features and limitations as proposed by Enermodal
report, and to create an attractive, functional, high performance prototype which will meet net zero
criteria as well as appeal to retail market.
Proposed scope of work:
- Preliminary sketch concepts of 3-4 net zero retail concepts showing design, massing, fenestration,
orientation and exterior finishes, as well as site amenities
- 3 dimensional modeling of 2 scenarios for massing and generation of perspectives for rendering
- Full rendering of one scenario from a chosen view point, including all building details, finishes, and
related site work including landscape elements.
- Graphically formatted text highlighting architectural and sustainable design elements, integrated into
- 3 dimensional model and fly-by of finished concept (limited detail relative to architectural rendering).